Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Nomad Life - Day 212
This morning, I had trouble sleeping past 0500 so spent time reading, doing Duolingo exercises and working on puzzles. At 0600, I started teleworking and spent most of the morning continuing my catch up on tasks I'd missed over the last month. I took one break for breakfast at Kim & David's house (in Falls Church) and then worked until about 1315. At that point, I took another short break for lunch before resuming my work. Following a series of meetings and document reviews, I wrapped up my online tasks at 1615. With the work day completed, I repacked some of my bags and reorganized my car. Surprisingly, I started feeling pretty good about the place where I was. At around the same time, my daughters finally confirmed their intentions regarding my visits before June 1. Kim was still around at that point so I was able to request that I stay with her and David until Friday morning (she was OK with that). By 1645, I thought that it seemed like a good idea to go outside for a walk in the neighborhood. It was a muggy day, with temps in the low 90s and skies partly sunny. However, there were ominous clouds in the distance and the air seemed wet with moisture. There were some interesting birds nearby and I thought I might reach my step goal for the day. Sadly, though, I only managed to get about two miles of walking in before it started raining. Back in the guest room, I did some more organizing, took care of some finances and did some laundry. After that, I visited with Kim (initially) and David (later), eating some dinner with them. With my stay through Friday confirmed, I made some other plans with friends and family for getting together later in the month. At about 2030, I started feeling tired and asked my friends that they excuse my early retirement for the evening (they were fine with this). In the guest room, I did some reading, Duolingo and puzzles and then spent the rest of the evening watching movies and YouTube videos. I had to struggle to stay awake as the evening wore on and it took a lot of effort for me to reach bedtime (2215). I'm starting to feel like I'm in the "correct" time-zone but residual effects of the seven hour time change since Saturday are still noticeable. Hoping that I'll feel "normal" again by the upcoming long weekend...